An extensive 360° marketing campaign Udforsk Verdens Dyr (Explore animals of the world), first of its kind in Denmark, was run at Dansk Supermarked retailers across Denmark for 6 weeks (March – May ’14). Leading Danish food & non-food suppliers, along with loyal retail customers were involved in the program.
Customers’ loyalty was rewarded with sachets containing Animal Planet trading cards, which little customers were enthusiastically inserting in their Animal Planet album, along with learning interesting facts about animals. The campaign took Danish families by storm.
- Increase frequency and drive sales
- Differentiate from competition
- Strengthen brand awareness
KEY MEDIA & MECHANISM
- Outdoor & indoor POS, TV ad in store and on national TV, retailtainment (in-store events, cards swap days)
- Digital website with online games and competition (trip to Safari)
- Bloggers outreach and events (blog + Instagram)
- Card swapping communities on social media (FB)
- 21 M card sachets sold. 103 K albums forecasted, actuals sales hit 220 K
- Due to its huge success outreach, Dansk Supermarked in process of developing 2nd campaign
- Positive impact on turnover and transactions for both Dansk Supermarked and The Animal Planet brand
- Highly engaging and education campaign created positive PR for the brand among target and broader customer group